Sunday 29 July 2007

Dublin Bay Socks







Here are my finished Dublin Bay socks. They are knitted in JoJoland Quartette, shade: Java Orange Meadow Mauve!!!
They where a joy to knit as the yarn is gorgeous, 80% Merino & 20% cashmere. I also enjoyed the pattern

It was my first attempt at patterned socks and the pattern was really easy to follow and easily memorised after the first few rounds. I did an Eye of Partridge style heel, which I am really pleased with. I really like the way the yarn spirals around the sock but stripes also, they are quite funky!!!
They are for a friend who is going in to hospital today for a back operation, they are quite wacky but I am sure she will like them.

1 comment:

FairyNuff said...

Ooooo Jo the effect of the Jojoland is fabby!!!
Just makes me want to cast mine on now!
he he Can I cope with 4 pairs of socks on the go at once?