Monday 19 May 2008

First attempts at lace


Well with all the beautiful sun recently I started to think that maybe the Juliet cardigan would be too heavy for the wedding so I decided to start a Forest Canopy Shawl. This is my first real attempt at lace and for a while it was a little frustrating, especially when it was 2 rows forward, 6 rows back but I think I have now got over that hurdle and the pattern seems to have clicked. The yarn is Fyberspates sock yarn in Grenada colourway, it also matches my dress, probably even more perfectly than the Malabrigo so I am happy. I just hope I get it finished it time!

The Juliet certainly hasn't been forgotten, I will definately continue with it for winter :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Piddle bag! ;)

YarnSnob said...

looking wonderful, don't give up

ContinentalCat said...

It looks lovely already, those colours are gorgeous. It might feel a bit tricky at first, but believe me, once you've done a few repeats, the pattern growns on you and it gets much easier.

The Gadabout Knitter said...

Oh Jo you're lace looks lovely!! (And totally jealous of the Piddle bag!)

Kath said...

That really does look lovely Jo and it will be worth the effort! I'll shout more enouragement tonight and hopefully see how much it's grown!!

Soo said...

How's the shawl going???? You've chosen a gorgeous colour. Hope you are finding the pattern 'groove'!