Tuesday 16 September 2008

Firstly, again, so sorry for the large gap between posts. My life has been getting in the way a bit, I have had a very busy month. My eldest has just started school so there has been lots of school runs, uniform labeling and stuff going on there. Here she is proudly showing off her new school uniform:



I have also been busy knitting too, I have been doing a fair few baby knits for my gorgeous great niece Chloe who was born on 8th September, what a cutie she is and I just know I will find lots of lovely things to knit for her!

I have also started my winter knitting (Yay). I bought the book Knitting New Scarves which I LOVE!



I generally hate knitting scarves as I get bored half way through but this book has the most amazing techniques, design ideas and patterns to stop boredom in its tracks. There are lots of patterns that I will knit and plenty more techniques that I would love to try. I have started my first pattern from the book, the Aria scarf (Rav link). I am really enjoying knitting this scarf so far, I am using Malabrigo Worsted in Holly Hock and Cherry tree Hill Sockittome in Jewel, held together. It kind of gives a tweedy effect which I really like:


I also have a couple of pairs of socks on the needles but I will post about them when completed, which will hopefully be soon..............................

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a cutie. :-) I love taking the "back to school" photos because it's probably the last time they look smart and clean for the rest of the school year. :-P

I must get a copy of that book; the scarf looks great. I have the glove version and it's brilliant.