Tuesday 15 May 2007

Progress of 1st socks






Here are some progress pictures of my 1st sock. I am still really enjoying it and am now up to the toe shaping. The heel turn and gusset shaping weren't nearly as daunting as I thought they would be but I did have to frog the heel turn 1st time round as I had done something wrong, it just didn't look right. I lost about 20 rows and when I picked up the stitches again I wasn't sure where I was up to so I counted the stitches and carried on. I do think that I was a little out in my calculations as the heel flap seemed a little long and I struggled picking up only 15 stitches down each side. But I don't think it is too obvious apart from a little bit baggy.
But hey ho, It's all good experience! I definately won't make the same mistakes on my 2nd one!!!

2 comments:

Hawkesley said...

I think you sock looks brill! Thank you for letting me know what the yarn and colour is on the Angel Yarns Forum :-)

Tracey said...

Well done it looks great for a first sock.
You will be totally addicted now.
knitty, witty, woo.