Sunday 27 January 2008

1st Year Knitaversary

Today I have been knitting for one year!!!

I can't believe it has been a year since I ventured into an LYS, bought some old needles for 10p, some random tiny balls of yarn and a "How to Knit" book for £1.00 (was from the 70's). My husband taught me how to do a slipknot and I cast on so tight that I couldn't get my needles in the stitches and after hours of sore fingers I threw the knitting across the room in frustration.

Things have come a bit of a way now, I never imagined I would have knit socks using 5 needles (well 8 pairs now) and had a go at felting, cables and lace :D

I think I would have a bit more in the bank (Serious yarn addiction) but I am so much richer in the skills I now have and the lovely friends I have made online and just wanted to thank everyone for all your support in my 1st year, heres to many more!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Knitaversary!!

Knit-knacker said...

Happy 1st Knitaversary! Well done you on a very creative year. Hope you have many more to come.

lottie said...

happy knitting birthday sweetie. I'm so glad you took it up and have a passion for yarn!!!!!!especially when you pass it my way pmsl.

have fun today with lots of squishyness

luv lottie

The Gadabout Knitter said...

Happy Knitaversary!! :)

Moggle said...

Happy Knitaversary!
The time flys by so fast doesn't it?
Well done, you've accomplished more in one year than a lot of knitters do in their lifetime.

Emily said...

Happy knitaversary! You've down a lot in the first year. Congrats.