Saturday 29 March 2008

Pack a punch popsicle socks


Here are my latest pair of socks, they are the Estonian Button Stitch socks by Jane Prater and are knitted in Colinette Jitterbug - Popsicle colourway. I usually hate pooling yarn but I really love this, the colours are just so vibrant they make me smile and I really have a soft spot for Jitterbug, I found the yardage fine, these fit my size 7's and I have about 15g left over and the stitch definition and fabric are really lovely . They were knitted on 2.75mm needles and the pattern was a pleasure to knit and excellently written, I would highly recommend it and I am sure I will use it again. The button stitch does take a little getting used to but I found that doing a double YO instead of a YO made the stitch far easier to pull through and gave exactly the same effect.

3 comments:

Emily said...

They look great! I love that colorway.

Cinders said...

They're gorgoewus. love the colourway

Lindsey said...

What a fun colourway! I'll have to look that pattern up....I'm not familiar with it, but it sounds like fun. :-)